Healthy eating is about feeling good and having sustained energy. Simple dietary changes can produce effective health benefits that can be sustained in the long run which will make you feel great.
Try these simple tips for a healthier and balanced diet.
1. Eat real, fresh and wholesome foods- focus on quality foods that contain no/ minimum additives. These foods are high in nutrients and have many health benefits (e.g. fresh fruit & vegetables)
2. Avoid convenience/ processed foods- these foods are generally low in nutrients and contain added salt.
3. Avoid refined sugars and all related products- these foods are high in energy and low in nutrients.
4. Limit caffeine – containing beverages- caffeine suppresses your appetite and it often replaces times where your body could be getting proper nutrition. Too much caffeine also increases stress hormones (cortisone) which leads to inflammation.
5. Drink plenty of water – water keeps you hydrated and helps to crave appetite. It is the fuel that helps to deliver the nutrients through the body.
Join Greenstone Shopping Centre, myGym and B4C Fitness Centre for a FREE a fitness session at the entrance 3 parking area opposite the gym on the 3rd of September from 10am – 11am.
Registrations will be held on the day from 9am. There will also be the opportunity to meet wellness experts for advice on how to embark on your new journey.
Bring your own water bottle and towel and be prepared for a fun session.