Ladies, we know how unpleasant cellulite is! And now that we are heading towards the holiday season, it’s vital to look our best.
Cellulite is known as the small dimples or formations that appear on the surface of the skin. These formations are usually caused by superficial fat deposits.
There are several products on the market that promise to help remove cellulite and boy are there many! Swing by Dis-Chem Pharmacies at Greenstone to enquire about the best cellulite products on the market.
But, before we get into the solutions, exactly what is cellulite?
Well, cellulite is made up of fat deposits that lie close to the skin’s surface. Women have what is known as vertical chambers in their dermal fat layers where fat stores are stacked. So when these ‘stacks’ rise up these chambers may protrude a little into the dermis. This then causes the visible disruption to the skin’s surface. There are various reasons why cellulite forms, including a poor diet and questionable lifestyle choices, hormones, your genetic predisposition and age. It is also interesting to know that the body stores toxins in your fat to help decrease the toxicity your vital organs are exposed to. It is also interesting to know that every woman has, and it generally occurs around the buttocks, stomach, upper thigh region, calves and ankles.
For a little assistance with dreaded cellulite, visit SkinPhD at Greenstone and get top-class skincare solutions. They specialise in cosmeceutical skincare products, clinically tested but never on animals and endorsed by leading dermatologists to help with various skin conditions and treatments.
Or, simply read the below tips and say hello to smooth skin.
• Eat a clean, alkaline and unprocessed diet. When you eat this way, you’ll help your body get rid of toxins. Perhaps juicing vegetables for quicker and more effective results.
• Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water and refrain from stimulants as much as possible.
• Change to sea salt. Did you know that refined salt dehydrates your body and creates toxicity?
• Skin brushing and creams. By Stimulating the lymphatic system, which consists of lymph nodes underneath the surface of the skin, using dry bristle skin brushing and massage helps to eliminate toxins by improving circulation. This could also help reduce water retention and increase skin firmness.
• Exercise. When you sweat, you release toxins, while toning with weights firms your skin.